[Syrupmakers] gelled sugarcane juice?

Lynwood Wagner onjwagner at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 12:33:23 CST 2014

You may have a starch problem and need some amylase.   Might try a little with vinegar.
L. Wagner

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:48:22 -0500
From: vegbenz300 at gmail.com
To: syrupmakers at syrupmakers.net
Subject: [Syrupmakers] gelled sugarcane juice?

I picked up a tote of sugarcane juice from a grower in South Carolina, for a rum fermentation.  The tote had been chilled immediately after pressing and I picked it up the next day.  Brought it back to my distillery for fermentation, and the next day found it had gotten thick, like mucous!  has anyone seen this happen with sugarcane juice? any solutions for thinning it again?

chris