[Syrupmakers] Chattanooga No. 11 mill

Scott scott at eldercomputersolutions.com
Tue Apr 12 19:08:11 CDT 2016

I have been told by others that the difference is the original had babbitt bearings and the improved was brass.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2016, at 5:42 PM, Richard Hash <richard.hash at gmail.com<mailto:richard.hash at gmail.com>> wrote:

I'm looking for information on the differences between an original Chattanooga No 11 and the "Improved" model.  I've scoured Bill Outlaw's southernmatters.com<http://southernmatters.com> and googled till I'm blue in the face, but I have yet to find a diagram of the original No. 11 mill (ie not the "Improved" model).

What differences are there? Does anyone have a diagram of the non-improved Chattanooga No. 11? (I believe this model is the smallest "1-horse" 3-roller mill they made, ~385 lbs).

--
--/Richard Hash