[Syrupmakers] [syrupmakers] Sugarcane Field Day at Quincy, FL November 4

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 06:26:39 CDT 2013

         Little has been heard about this annual event at Quincy this year. No mailings have been sent out--that I am aware of. (I didn't get one!) However, it is posted on the IFAS website as being "on" for this year. David White said that he drove by there a week or 2 ago and saw the cane from the road. He said it looked good. Maybe they had the summer rains that we had here, so hopefully they had a good growing season.
         I hope to get by there this week and take a look at the cane not visible from the road. I'll report back then. The Southern Syrupmakers planted several "new"  varieties there 2 years ago.
         The web address for the 2013 Quincy sugarcane event and a link to the brochure is: http://gadsden.ifas.ufl.edu/
It starts early: 8 a.m. Eastern time. But the good news is that daylight saving time expires the night before.
                         Richard Harrison