[Syrupmakers] Sweet Sorghum Destroyed Again by Sugar Cane Aphid in East Tennessee

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 02:48:21 CDT 2018

Scott,
   I have read that ants are usually a big part of the problem as they have a symbiotic relationship with aphids.
Have you noticed lots of ants?  Do you think you could control them and see if it will help or solve the problem?
Also, I have always noticed mealybugs rather than aphids, per se, on my sugarcane in NW FL. Ants also "farm"
mealybugs as well.

Richard Harrison