[Syrupmakers] Sweet Sorghum Destroyed Again by Sugar Cane Aphid in East Tennessee

Scott scott at eldercomputersolutions.com
Tue Oct 9 22:02:51 CDT 2018

This is the 3rd year in row my sweet sorghum grown in East Tennessee has been damaged and/or destroyed by the sugar cane aphid.  Gets worse every year.  I grow organically so I have not tried the EPA banned product.  I have tried Neem Oil and Karanja Oil.  It has been suggested to try Neemix but at this point I am trying to decide will I every stop those pests.  I have considered just not growing for awhile and wait and see.  Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks
Scott