[Syrupmakers] Organic Sweet Sorghum Sugarcane Aphid Battle

Scott scott at eldercomputersolutions.com
Fri Aug 4 08:40:15 CDT 2017

Thanks for the info.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2017, at 6:41 AM, Tobby Taylor <tobbyt at gmail.com<mailto:tobbyt at gmail.com>> wrote:

I had them 2 years ago here in central Mississippi.  I contacted the Mississippi State University Extension Office in my area and they said to spray with original Dawn dish soap.   They said to mix 3oz of Dawn per Gallon of water.  Spray late in the afternoon, every other day for 6 days.  It killed the aphids but it was too late for my sorghum.  They also told me to plant sorghum early in the year before the aphids could get established.  I've not planted sorghum since then.   Good luck !!

Sent from Tobby's iPhone