[Syrupmakers] Thinning out of sugar cane?

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 18:08:30 CDT 2016

This is one of the reasons that I don't grow that species of cane. It grows too thick, multiplies too much and usually makes smaller diameter stalks. I don't know what your intention is for using it, but if you want sugar or syrup, I would suggest switching to a larger stalked variety that doesn't multiply so well. If you want it for livestock, it is great! I got rid of all varieties of that species for my particular use.         Regards,         Richard Harrison, NW FL  (I have kin S of Houston)