[Syrupmakers] crystallization

leo beatty leobeatty at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 19:24:51 CDT 2016

This is what I think Glen meant in his response.  He cooks until the syrup reached 226 degrees. He then kills the heat and allows the syrup to stop boiling (falls),  the syrup will continue to boil in the kettle for a couple of minutes, then he puts the syrup in jars.  By allowing the syrup to stop boiling, if necessary, you can skim off the foam.
Leo BeattyLouin, MS