[Syrupmakers] Question for sorghum growers

William Clayton Faggert cfaggert at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:29:34 CDT 2016

My opinion is that it is ok to use, as long as you use it at the appropriate time.  I have never had any negative outcome in my syrup as a result of using chicken litter.  I do think there is a chance to have a bad taste if you apply it later in the growing season.  I usually apply 1.5-2 tons per acre in the fall, and have a total of 11 acres of sugar cane.  I would assume it would be the same with sorghum, but am not completely positive.  Hope this has helped.

William Clayton Faggert
Cell:  601-310-0277
cfaggert at gmail.com