[Syrupmakers] White sediment in sugar cane syrup

BenNet Personal ben at benparrish.net
Sun Apr 3 17:11:04 CDT 2016

I filter the juice through fine screen filters before placing in the kettle.
Skimmed immaculately while cooking and the finished syrup filtered through as many layers of fine cheese cloth as the syrup will go through before bottling.  Not sure what you consider “filtered well”.

I am open to any suggestions as to how I might filter it better.  I’ve looked at maple syrup filters ... and tried a couple, but the cane syrup will flow through them hardly at all. Any suggestions?

In your cane syrup ... do you not ever have this “niter” settle out?

Thanks for your assistance

Ben & Dianne Parrish
Lake Church Rd
Metter, GA 30439