[Syrupmakers] storing juice, and juicer opinions

Tom Tschida tschidamt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:51:33 CST 2015

I was just wondering what folks' opinions were on storing the sorghum juice
for any length of time.  Due to unusual circumstances, I'm milling about 5
gallons of juice at a time, and needing to store some of it before
evaporating.  I'm currently keeping it in food grade buckets in
refrigerators.  Does anyone know how long it will store like that?

Also, I'd love to hear opinions on the new small sugarcane juicers as
alternatives to the antique sorghum mills. I contacted
http://www.edwardsengrg.com/ from the classified ads on the NSSPPA site,
and that's what they suggested for small operations.

Thanks for any help!

Tom