[Syrupmakers] cane mill

george house gwhouse2 at peoplepc.com
Sat Jul 12 16:24:10 CDT 2014

Howdy Friends,
     I'm George House, a new member from south-central Texas and I recently rescued a cane mill off a neighbor's truck on the way to the salvage yard. Its a Blymyer Manufacturing Co. Victor No. 0 Pat'd 50 & 64. I want to restore it but I have 2 questions for anyone who knows about this particular mill. What was the original paint color and how does those half babbit bearings work? I found and downloaded a 1903 catalog from the Blymyer Manufacturing Co. but my cane mill isn't in it. Don't know yet if I'm going to plant cane, build a firebrick cooking pit and buy a stainless tub yet. Might give it to a museum. Thanks, in advance for any information you can provide. . . . .. sincerely,  george house