[Syrupmakers] when to plant

Peter Tebbetts ptrpdt at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 20:10:05 CDT 2014

I lost most all my cane due to 2 hard freezes. What did come back only has a joint or 2 growth. Guess I'll plow some ground to kill grass next weekend and plant some September cane. Anyone around Louisiana have any Ga Red or some good soft varieties that make good syrup. Not interested in any commercial varieties intended for sugar manufacturing. I have some Ga Red from last year and it still hasn't turned to sugar yet.

                                 Peter

P. S. I go through Houma about 4 days a week and the Broussard area.

Sent from my iPhone