[Syrupmakers] Syrup in the age of COVID

Tracy Baudoin tbaudoin at me.com
Sun Nov 7 19:37:54 CST 2021

It’s good to hear from others, it’s been so quiet on this list. I’ve cut way back this year, only planting about a third of usual.  Sales have been way down, with COVID and all. Despite that, I was able to find and almost finish restoring a miniature version of what looks like a Chatanooga 44 cane mill. I’m told it could have been a salesman’s demo model. It has a hand crank and works fairly well, but is missing the knife. I had to build two new bottom rollers and shafts, but I’m not sure if the best way to make a knife. Any suggestions?

Tracy Baudoin
(985) 209-3420
tbaudoin at me.com
www.linkedin.com/in/tracy-Baudoin