[Syrupmakers] renew

Bob McGuire bobmcguire at everestkc.net
Sat Nov 6 18:35:24 CDT 2021

Charles,

Just hasn’t been any activity here on the list for a while.
It’s been several years since my brother Bill grew & made any sorghum.  Early this summer I bought a J. A. Smith  Star mill made in St Louis that was being used for yard art at a local university.
 It was set up as a power mill, but pictures in Mr. Dean’s Cane Mills book shows it to be a horse mill with meshed beveled horizontal and vertical gears.  Someone had converted it to a power mill.   It will be a restoration project at some point.

Bob McGuire
NW MO
Sent from my iPhone