[Syrupmakers] Diatomaceous Earth?

tenacity at fidnet.com tenacity at fidnet.com
Sat Oct 13 11:28:16 CDT 2018

 Here in the midwest I have heard of using baking soda to bring the "debris" to the top quickly. I have not tried this myself. but understand it is used by some Amish regularly. Anyone tried using it? And in what quantity for what size pan? We have both a 100 gallon and a 30 gallon batch pan. Would love to hear any experiences.

Gail in Missouri