[Syrupmakers] Sweet Sorghum Destroyed Again by Sugar Cane Aphid in East Tennessee

John Matheson matheson.jc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:36:42 CDT 2018

Scott,
This is the second year I've had the aphids in southern NC, first year I
knew what it was. My ants are fire ants, so I attempt to control their
numbers, but I don't treat the sorghum plants. Lots of those as in an
ladybugs here, to no avail.

The aphids seem to arrive late in the season. Anyone try to plant early to
avoid their arrival in numbers? I read that they overwinter in the Deep
South.

-John