[Syrupmakers] SAMPLE READING

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 14:26:25 CDT 2017

Charlie,
    For us frugal folks---like me and you---they make a tool that takes a small plug out of the stalk---or at least makes a hole to get a drop of juice from. I have 1. It is homemade by a fellow sugarcane syrup maker. He gave it to me. (I'm frugal, remember?)  :)
    But, if you take a plug out of a stalk, remember that disease can get in it before harvest. Might ruin, anyway! Sugarcane can get red rot this way, perhaps. Sorghum would probably be even worse.

Richard Harrison