[Syrupmakers] prussic acid

Alan Whitaker whitaker.j.alan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:52:05 CDT 2017

I've got a little test patch of sorghum that I planted back in June. It
came up good but went almost two months without rain. Since the first of
August, we've got ample rain and now some of the sorghum is well over my
head while some is still below my waist. I hope to process within 45 days
or so and was questioning if there is any possible chance of a problem with
cyanide in the shorter stuff? This is my first try at sorghum for syrup,
all my experience is with milo and sorghum-sudan. What are your thoughts on
it? Can it be a problem?
--
Alan Whitaker

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>