[Syrupmakers] I have cooked cane juice two years now and each time I get settling at the bottom of my sealed and cooled jars.

Louis K. Broussard Sr. vetman96 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 08:34:29 CST 2017

 Thanks for the information.  I never thought about letting the juice settle overnight.  I will be grinding the second weekend of December so I think it will be cold and won't have to ice the juice.  Where can I buy a hydrometer for measuring the viscosity.  What is the measurement I must attain.  I have been using my eye on the dipper as the syrup drips off as I am cooking.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.