[Syrupmakers] Sugar Cane Aphid

Kelly Tidwell kelly.tidwell at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 18:50:16 CDT 2016

I too grow organically. I just started in the syrup making(unsuccessful so far). My question is this. How can I turn my sweet sorghum into feed when my sorghum doesn't get big enough to run through my cane mill?
I'm thinking chop it in a chipper shredder and bag it in burlap bags.
My grandfather used to grow sweet sorghum for hay, but occasionally it would get too big and he would take it to the feed mill and have them grind it into feed...problem is we don't have a feed mill here anymore

Sent from my iPhone