[Syrupmakers] Question for sorghum growers

Scott scott at eldercomputersolutions.com
Thu Aug 25 12:36:29 CDT 2016

Any manures used should be cured at least 3 months to be used organically.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 25, 2016, at 1:22 PM, Ken Christison <christison at coastalnet.com<mailto:christison at coastalnet.com>> wrote:

Gail, I used chicken litter one year and the cane grew beautifully, but the syrup picked up a slight salty taste which we
attributed to the fertilizer.  We didn't use it any more and I have no proof that was the cause, but we never had the
problem after that.

Ken in NC