[Syrupmakers] LUC

marcus walker mdapw at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 22:16:09 CST 2015

Dave,The engine is a two cylinder. It is my understanding that the engine is the same as was put in a l john deere. The tractor had a transmission and the utility (LUC) had a gear reduction unit. looking from the front (rad./ Crank) end the exhaust is on the right side. The motor has a Wico mag, the flywheel has SPARK and DC timing lines. I used the front plug on the rad.end as #1 on the compression stroke to time the engine. The engine fires on spark and advances a short distance, stopping with dc showing in the bottom of the timing hole. I  think it is going to run better when I tweak the points a little. Thanks for the help.