[Syrupmakers] Kettle replacement

Tobby Taylor tobbyt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:22:02 CST 2015

Well here's my take on moving to a larger kettle.  I think it all depends on how much juice you can squeeze and how many hours you want to work.

I also have a one man operation. I have a Golden #2 mill and a 65 gallon kettle.  With my setup, I can squeeze about 15 gallons per hour.  It takes me about 4 hours to squeeze 65 gallons of juice.  Then 5 hours to cook it down to 6 to 8 gallons of syrup.  It take me 10 to 12 hours to squeeze, cook and clean up.  I don't want a larger kettle.

I would recommend moving to a larger kettle ONLY if your setup will allow you to finish within your workday.

I hope this helps.