[Syrupmakers] Rebuild of a Chattnooga no. 12 cane mill

Claude Richbourg iamgardenman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:56:19 CST 2014

Hello all,
I am new to the list and have been growing cane to make syrup for the last
two years, (on a a small scale for myself).
Other people have milled my cane for me the last two years. But, I just
bought a cane mill for myself and it is in good shape.

No cracks or welds and all the pieces are there except the two roller caps
on the top plate. I guess I will have to get those made by a local
blacksmith.
Anyway, I was wanting to know if there is anyone near to the Tallahassee
area that could provide me with some guidance on how the cane mill should
be refurbished. I have started taking it apart and it all looks good. So, I
may need assistance with that or maybe parts. I plan on cleaning the outer
parts and repainting them back to the old redish color?
Thanks up front and I would appreciate any and all advice on this rebuild.
Best Regards,
Claude