[Syrupmakers] Covering cane

Ashley branchheadranch at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:52:34 CST 2013

The earth is a lot warmer than on a trailer. Just pile
It up on the ground and cover with hay/tarp. Unless you have an insulated barn where you are backing it it, I think my tin wall barn gets colder than outside air temp on cold wintertime nights. Or just leave the cane growing and crank up some overhead irrigation a few hours before daylight and let run till tomorrow morning after all that ice melts away and the cane will never know it went through a freeze, on second thought if you got the cane already cut down just turn the sprinkler on the trailer load and let run till tomorrow morning after ice melts.